By Clarissa Allison | April 29th, 2016
If you want to update your home to create an appeal of freshness and light, there’s no better color to use in your decorating scheme than white. Whether pure white, off white or cream – despite what you may initially think, white can add drama to your home. Read on for tips and product suggestions that will transform your abode into your own personal white palace.
The key with using white in your space is to soften your chosen items by making sure that everything isn’t overly match-y and austere. Choose distressed finishes for your furniture and items that exhibit a bit of texture and softness. In this way you will avoid severity and “coldness” while adding familiarity and comfort to your space. White is a great baseline to begin with when decorating! Unlike a bold wallpaper or intense color, white complements everything rather than competing with its surroundings.
If you are uneasy with having a white sofa, for instance, you can successfully add white to your home by other methods such as with white lighting fixtures. Another plus is that having a modern, white fixture as a part of your decor keeps the rest of your home from appearing dated, even if you have antique pieces on display. White is also the perfect way to visually open tight or small spaces and homes that don’t receive a lot of natural light.
Below, we’ve highlighted 5 popular white lighting fixtures with delicate white fabric or parchment shades that are sure to add a breath of fresh air to your home design project.
1. This beautiful Sedlar traditional table lamp by Lite Source features a crinkled paper shade that resembles a floating Japanese Lantern. It takes a 60 Watt maximum bulb with an E27 base.
2. The George Nelson Propeller Bubble Pendant Lamp by Modernica contains a taut acrylic resin of translucent spun plastic covering a steel wire molded into the desired shape. The original design and shape of the Propeller Bubble Pendant was originally created by George Nelson at the end of the Second World War.
3. Using an organic form as a guideline for this shade, the graceful Egg Floor Lamp by Lite Source is an attractive and simple design that is sure to endure as a household staple. White pleated vinyl diffuses light, allowing it shine softly through while protecting you from reflective glare. The sculptural qualities of this lamp are truly amazing.
4. The Tolomeo Mega Wall Light is an adjustable lamp used for direct and diffused task lighting, with a design by Michele De Lucchi and Giancarlo Fassina. This light features an articulated arm and body in anodized aluminum with polished aluminum joints and tension control knobs. It is composed of a an aluminum framed diffuser with parchment paper or pale satin/polycarbonate fiber blend shade. For versatility, the Tolomeo Mega Wall Light is suitable for a cord and plug connection to wall outlet or may be mounted directly to an electrical junction box.
5. This single Light Pendant from the Kenroy Home Endicott collection features a cream fabric shade which is suspended from a rectangular frame. Light casts a lovely, soft glow through a frosted bottom diffuser. As a bonus, the ceiling canopy contains a swivel extension to accommodate vaulted ceilings.
Have you found some inspiring ways to update your home’s look with white? We’d love to hear from you! Contact us at 1877 385 2104 or send application photos of your completed projects to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on our blog!
The Louie Lighting Team wishes you and yours a safe and happy weekend filled with light.