By Clarissa Allison | March 18th, 2016
Using the right mixture of outdoor lighting in your front yard will enhance your home’s safety, security and beauty!
While it may seem like we can simply duplicate our backyard lighting scheme in the front of our homes, there are actually differing objectives to lighting your front yard. Lights in your front yard add security by deterring unwanted visitors while also adding ambient lighting to our landscape, and highlighting the architecture of our homes.
- Step Up To Lighting:
Make your house safer for yourself and your loved ones. Tripping over a step you cannot properly see will, in an instant, go from mildly amusing to ill-fated without the right lighting. Minimize injuries as well as liability to them by installing step lights. Step lighting is surprisingly easy to install and spreads a gorgeous wash of light over the intended area that adds to the appeal of your home.
- Brighten Your Entryway: As kids, we all remember the creepy, darkened house at the end of our street. We called it “the witch’s house” but wasn’t it far more likely that the neighbors hadn’t bothered to invest in entryway lighting? Look around at surrounding homes in your area and you may be surprised to observe how often entryway lighting can be forgotten. If you have a large home with multiple entry points, live in a housing development with similar architecture to others or have guests coming into town who have trouble seeing at night, entryway lighting will be a great relief to visitors. Last but not least, you’ll feel safer and more at ease answering your front door when it is properly illuminated.
- Home, Visible Home. It’s frustrating to overlook a home you are visiting because you can’t see the house numbers clearly! Purchase illuminated address lighting to eliminate this common pet peeve. Or, achieve the same result with clever directional spot lighting.
- Wall-ow In Light: Outdoor wall lighting fixtures are on the uptick in home décor, because they truly marry beauty and function together so well. There are so many stunning old-world lantern or art glass fixtures on the market today that will bring attention to the fine details of your home. If your property features courtyard walls, exposed brick, climbing vines or cobblestone, be sure to the right accent lighting to showcase them. These lights will also act as guides for nighttime visitors.
- Shining Nature: Directional spot lights are fantastic for turning the architectural plant life in your yard into works of art. If you have perennials like Japanese Wisteria, or cactus in your yard, illuminate them at night to put their beauty on display.
- Striking Garage Lighting. At Louie Lighting, we have a plethora of flood and security lighting that is ideal for lighting the entrance to your garage. Avoid unnecessary damage and feel safer by installing motion sensor security lighting near your garage.
We hope you were able to find some helpful ideas for your landscape lighting project. Don’t hesitate to contact the Louie Lighting team at 1877 385 2104 with any questions if you need assistance selecting the right fixtures for your home. The Louie Lighting team wishes you and yours a safe and happy weekend.