On July 4, 1776, we claimed our independence from Britain and Democracy was born. Every day thousands leave their homeland to come to the “land of the free and the home of the brave” and begin the journey toward their American Dream.
America is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic people. Each year on July 4, we celebrate that freedom and independence with barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings. Make your celebration a patriotic splash with some of the below DIYs for an affordable, fun and safe July 4th!
1. Create your own festive lanterns with cardboard, scissors, ink and stamps.
2. Repurpose egg cartons and dot lights to make unique and fun string lights with the family, (idea via hookedandhappy.com):
3. Embellish a bland light fixture within the home with red, white and blue streamers:
4. Sew your own flag pennant with burlap, fabric and rope:
5. Style an easy paper wreath with July 4th cupcake wrappers in varying designs, and add colorful beads for a finish:
6. Set up a vintage cookout table with fabric covered canvas, inventive framed artwork, mini flags, and colorful tablecloths:
We at Louie Lighting wish you and yours a safe and happy 4th of July weekend.