By Clarissa Allison | November 13th, 2015
On this week’s blog, we give you all the steps you need to install an A-19 ceramic wall sconce. The directions are pretty straight-forward and hassle-free, and can be applied to other wall sconces such as those from Justice Design Group. Both manufacturer’s products are available for sale via the Louie Lighting website.
For the DIY novice, we recommend installation by a licensed electrician in order to avoid personal injury or property damage. All fixtures need to be installed in accordance with applicable installation code(s), by a person familiar with the construction and operation of the product and the hazards that may be involved.
Caution: Make sure the maximum wattage noted on fixture is not exceeded.
A- Knurled Nut
B- Ceramic Fixture
C- Brass Washer
D- Rubber Washer
F- Green Ground Screw
G- Box Machine Screws
I- Black Wire
1. Turn off power at the main breaker box prior to starting installation of the wall mounted sconce.
2. Using two machine screws (G) and fasten the crossbar (H) to the electric box.
3. Thread the nipple (E) into the crossbar.
4. Using suitable wire connectors (not provided) connect the fixture wires to supply wires—white to white (K) and black to black (I). Connect ground wires (J) to crossbar ground screw (F).
Caution: Make sure wire connectors are secure, and no bare wire is exposed.
5. Place the ceramic fixture (B) over the box so that the threaded nipple protrudes through the mounting hole in the fixture.
6. Place the rubber (D) washer then brass washer (C) over the nipple and fasten securely with knurled nut (A). Do not over tighten or ceramic may crack.
7. Install light bulb(s).
8. Restore electricity at main breaker.
For help, watch this video: Installing an A-19 Wall Sconce
We hope you enjoy your handmade lighting fixture! Contact us with any questions at 1877 – 385 – 2104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org